April 13, 2010

Working Away

This is my first week without German classes in the morning. Let me preface this by saying I have a serious problem with being idle. I don't do well with idleness, bad things happen when I don't have anything to do! So, before I started taking German class I was a bit confused as to what to do with my time.

Now, however, time is a friend! With as many studies as I am doing with people, the free time is a nice break to prepare for each of these studies!

A run down of my day today:

Up and about by 8:30.
Breakfast at 9.
Caught up on the US news til 9:30 (I would like to know whats happened when I go back!)
Went over my calendar and collected the studies for this week until 10.
From 10-11 I prepared all of my LST lessons for this week.
At 11 I made some brownies for the afternoon.
From 11:30-1 I finished the brownies and read for my meeting with Ceili that afternoon.
1 was lunch.
1:30 I sat out in the sun and finished the readings (we did 2 chapters to make up for last week too) til 2:30.
2:30 I came in a got things ready to meet with Ceili and talked with Karen and her reader
3:15 Ceili came and we read until 4:30
At 5 I went up to the church to work.
5:30 Yan (pronounced yawn without the emphasis on the 'w') and Tiffany came at 5:30 and we worked until 6:20 when we had supper together at the church.
7-8 was Bible class.
8:30 Karen and I watched a movie together.
And here we are 2 hours later!

So a good day! Tomorrow looks just as busy with errands for later in the week! The European Singles Retreat is this weekend and I'm pretty excited to go! I went the first weekend I was here, I was still pretty jet lagged though, so I don't remember to much of it. Anyways, I am looking forward to meeting everyone again and hopefully remembering them this time! Chemnitz has a group of 6 going which is great! When I went in the fall there were only 3 of us, Karen, Janine and myself!

Please continue to pray for funds. I have mailed my next rd of letters out to churches. I am looking for 15 $100 per month supporters. That is totally a do-able number I just need the 15 commitments! Please continue to pray that God will open doors and funding will come in!

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

I read a scripture tonight during Bible class, I have read it before, but tonight, it struck a cord, I thought to myself, "Self, I hope one day people will be able to feel this way about you. That you will be able to live a life worthy of the calling you have received." Anyways here is the scripture, read this, and ask yourself, "Would anyone ever say this about me? Can I say this about someone I know?" I hope so.

2 Cor 7:2-4 Make room for us in your hearts. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have exploited no one.3 I do not say this to condemn you; I have said before that you have such as place in our hearts that we would live or die with you. 4 I have great confidence in you; I take great pride in you. I am greatly encouraged; in all our troubles, my joy knows no bounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment