April 22, 2010

Whose name is in the tag line?

I know there have been a lot of posts lately, sorry about that, just things I feel need or should be shared.

We had our team meeting yesterday and of course we had to talk about funds. Where I sit today, I have $500 left in my overall account for this commitment. That is enough for 1 more month of me being able to pay basic bills in the states (ie student loans and insurance) but that leaves me no money here for rent, food, travel ect (and yes, travel is part of it trips to retreats, leipzig and dresden all of that none of which are horrible expensive but are nevertheless a cost of about 100 euro per month).

Anyways, I was thinking about why it has been so hard for me to ask people for money. Other than the fact it makes me HAVE to ask people (which those that know me know I hate with a passion asking for help because that means I can't do it on my own...) Anyways, I was thinking, ive raised thousands of dollars for Rotary, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Lambda, OC, a handful of organizations and causes before. This is different though. This is my name in the tag line.

In every other circumstance, I have been able to stand behind a name ie Rotary, BBBS, OC, Lambda, ect. Here, its just me and God. It puts a completely different spin on it. Just food for thought. I hated raising money for LST (oh yea thats another one!) because it was in direct correspondence with me, so what is it that repels that idea so much?

I mean, this is the one case where I should be going full force with no hesitation. I am raising money to help further the kingdom. That is so much more important than putting a bench in the park, giving kids mentors, or staying off probation (haha). Oh that stupid human part of myself that has a hard time letting go.

Thats all folks. Be good and do good

Sarah B

If money is the root of all evil, then what is the root of all money?

No comments:

Post a Comment