November 1, 2009

The Older We Get

I know it has been a while since I have posted on here, sorry about that. It has been kinda busy around here this weekend.

Last week was filled with packing clothes for Bulgaria, readers and German lessons! Friday I attempted to go coat shopping with Tiffany and Ceili. I failed, but I did get an idea of what I am looking for. Larry said he would take us back so he could put in his two-cents on the coats since we really have no idea what we are looking for....

Saturday was fall cleaning day! We spent the morning cleaning up around the house. Pulling weeds, raking, and cutting the summer garden back. It was nice to spend some time in the cool brisk air. Saturday evening we had a card night and played some skip-bo and uno. We also carved a pumkin! That was fun! Germans don't really celebrate halloween like we do in the states, but they had pumkins out so we went for it! Everyone seemed to enjoy it! Hopefully I will have some pictures for you in a few days!

Sunday, we had church and then Karen and I relaxed for a bit that afternoon. The evening held sport which went well. There is a lot going on this week.

Monday we are hosting our first English Movie night. Please pray for the these as we are hoping to make them a good outreach tool! There is just a lot going on this week lol.

So now to whats on my mind. I have come to the conclusion that the older we get, or at least the older I get, the more I appreciate life and the beauty that encompasses it. I honestly dont think I would have appreciated some of the things that I do now, 5 years ago. And I am sure in 5 more years I will scratch my head and wonder how I didn't appreciate being here as much as I do.

For example. The hills. I love the hills. I find my eyes constantly roaming the landscape for a glimpse of what is on the other side. Be it an old building, a family on a walk, or a green field. That could be the human desire for more, or the adventurous side that just wonders what else is out there. But I like to think that God places that wonder in us. That wonder that makes us want to keep looking. To look for Him in the everyday things.

I say all this because today after church when karen, Ceili and I were taking the Omis (grandmas) home, and it was just the 3 of us, we topped a hill, and I found my self glued to the little piece of countryside I could see. I was completely lost in the conversation, my eyes fixated on the beautiful patch of trees and farm land that lay miles away upon the crest of a hill. It wasn't until I heard Karen and Ceilis laughter did I realize that I had completely zoned out. I was in my own little world, my own little search for God.

The funny thing is, even on the trams, I find myself always searching the horizon to see what is out there. Where is it that I could possibly see some sort of beauty that could come close to God. If I can see so much beauty in what God has done here on earth, I can not even begin to fathom what heaven will be like....

Quote: You find God the moment you realize that you don't need to seek God. ~Unknown

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

1 comment:

  1. mmmm hills... I agree. I think God put a RIDICULOUS amount of details into hils and the things on them. mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete