November 16, 2009

German Class

I started clas yesterday. It actually went much better than I expected! There are 8 people, Tiff and I are the youngest... lol. We have a guy, Hussam, from the middle east, a lady from the Ukraine, one from Tiland, one from the country to the left of Tiland, Nigeria, and Brazil. So it is a pretty diverse group. Most can speak some german so that can be intimidating but tiff and are in chapter 3 and we are starting in chapter 1, so this is all a repeat for us. On a side note- english is a universal language, so almost everyone speaks some english which means it is the language that is used if people dont understand what is being said in german.

I met with another reader yesterday. We started the book of John, which might have been a mistake on my part... she had already finished luke when I got here, and did some Acts with the LST team, but we started Acts again, and then went back to John. To say the least I was attempting to explain the difference in a Temple and "the church" and what the book of Acts was about and how we had backtracked a little in the story line and were reading another "version" of Luke. Oh it was a mess, she said she understood, but i'm not so sure... I think after we finish John we will read through Acts straight out of the NT and ill improve questions.

Okay i need to finish getting ready for class! be good and do good!

Quote: Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalms 25.5

No comments:

Post a Comment