May 22, 2009

Home


So I am home this weekend for Memorial Day, and I was thinking, "whats a good way to describe Pauls Valley?" It was a tough task to take on, but I shall show you a little of my home town in a photo documentary- none of these photos are mine (just an fyi) here we go: 

So I am sure you are wondering, "What in the world is that?" 
That my friends, is noodling! Pauls Valley is the noodling capitol of at least OK if not the nation (we used to hold that claim but I havent heard it in a while so im not sure we are still the record breakers!)
So exactly what is noodling you may ask. Noodling is the art of sticking ones hand into holes found in lake beds, and on shore sides in which catfish burry themselves in. One literally "catches" a fish by using ones hand as bait and grabbing the fish out of the hole. Note there are only 4 fingers on the hand above. *Disclaimer: Not for children or people who would like to keep all their fingers* 
Now dont get me wrong, I love Pauls Valley, and I will post some more pictures tomorrow Pauls Valley, this is just one of our many attractions! I hope you have enjoyed!

Quote for today: "I see my path, but I dont know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel." ~ Rosalia de Castro 







No comments:

Post a Comment