December 2, 2009

La vita è bella

I know its been a while- sorry! Things here have just been super busy!

German class is going well, we are half way through! Class is over on the 18th, yay!!!! It hasnt been that bad to be honest, there are days when it is very frustrating, but thats part of it I suppose. There are other days when I sit there and wonder if I really just graduated college with 2 degrees as I learn how to say "My name is.... I come from..." That is part of it though. It has helped me to keep in mind that this is helpful not only to communicate with people here, but could potentially be helpful in a later job as well.

With the start of the Christmas season here, Christmas markets are opening! What is that you may be thinking...let me show you! (okay well its not letting me load the pictures so ill try and post them separately!)
These pictures dont even do the markets justice! If you can imagine what Christmas feels like, it is simply all surrounded in the markets... its hard to describe, just something everyone should experience (and I plan on experiencing a lot while im here!).

Reading with folks has been going well. It still amazes me that even though I have heard some of these stories over and over again, I always seem to see a new meaning in each one each time. Even from reader to reader, I pick up on something different. It just utterly amazes me how Gods word is never changing and yet always morphing. If that makes sense...

I watched the movie A Beautiful Life tonight. I loved it! Absolutely loved it. If you haven't seen it yet, go rent it now! I only hope that if I were in the same shoes I could have an attitudes like theirs. People who do just leave me speechless!

I think thats all for now! We have EBS on Friday, and english movie night on monday! Hopefully we will have some more people come this time!!!!

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

Quote: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail. ~Ralph Emmerson

No comments:

Post a Comment