February 25, 2010

Look for a chance

I got my new book in the mail yesterday, The Unexpected Adventure, and I have already read about 1/3 of it. Now that may not sound like much, but you should know it takes the jaws of life to make me sit and read a book. I can handle audio books, but taking time to sit and read is like torture for me, I feel like I am wasting time. Knowing that, I am about 100 pages into the 300 page book!

We also voted on a new book for ladies class and we will be reading the same thing! I'm excited to not only read it, but then get to discuss it with fellow sisters!

I went to Munich the first couple days this week. I went for 2 reasons: 1, Lisa my best friend from home, asked me to go find a chapel that her grandparents were married in during the war. So first, I went to Leipheim to attempt to find this chapel. I don't know if I succeeded or not, I did indeed find a church but I have no idea if it was the right one. The 2nd reason I went was for a little break. I wanted to prove to myself I was and am able to get around even with communication barriers.

That afternoon I hopped the train from Leipheim to Munich and spent monday afternoon wondering around Munich. I, not thinking ahead, locked my map in my backpack which was in a locker in the train station, so I wondered around for a few hours not know exactly where I was. I found a really cool church, but it was not the one I thought it was. It was still really neat though! I ended up going literally in circles around everything I actually wanted to see!

That night I stayed with a young couple that are members of the church in Munich. They live in the building that the church owns, so I got to go see the church first thing tuesday morning. On a really cool note, the church has a sign at the UBahn station that lead up to the church. Considering that was a city issued sign for the church its pretty cool!

Tuesday morning, Brandon, the husband of the couple, showed me around Munich. I wanted to see a lot of the churches, I enjoy the architecture. Brandon defiantly helped me get to see everything that I wanted to. It would have taken me hours to see all the churches I wanted to see! It was great, there are pictures on facebook.

First thing wednesday morning I had a meeting with Klause! Klause was one of my favorite readers from when I was here with LST a few years ago. I was really disappointed when I tried to contact Klause for more LST when I got here and did not get a response. However, Klause saw the LST ad that was in the paper and he called the house wanting to start reading again! We picked up right were we left off! We are reading the book of John out of the NIV which is great!

One of the key points of the book i'm reading is to constantly look for open doors, and when you see them, to go through. That is what I have been trying to do recently and I challenge you to do the same. Don't just wait for the door to open, but actively look and check the handles!

On another note, my funds are in the hazard zone! I will run out at the end of March, so please, if you know anyone who wants to support a missionary please let me know!!!!

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

Quote: "If you wait to do everything until the time is right, your probably never going to do much of anything." Wil Borden

No comments:

Post a Comment