November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

With the thanksgiving holiday here I was thinking about some of my favorite holiday memories. Of course the typical sense rushed to mind: everyone gathered around the table, chatting in the kitchen, playing with the kids outside in the leaves. Those of course always top the list.

My junior year we were planning our friend thanksgiving before we left. It was set up for Monday. Friday I got a call saying that my uncle charlie had been in a really bad accident. He was on his way to a recording (he is a children's minister who travels and does kids rallies google him! Uncle Charlie is his stage name too!). I spent the rest of the time at the OU Medical hospital (the accident was south of ardmore and they flew him to OU for the surgeries). Anyways, Monday rolled around and I went to classes and was up at the hospital when I wasn't in class. Monday night while I was sitting in the ICU room with uncle charlie my mom and my uncles best friend Montie, my phone started to buzz. I looked down and it was my roommate. I went out in the hall to answer and she said they were in the waiting room. I went out to see her and when I walked in there was the entire group of my friends, everyone who was supposed to be at thanksgiving there in the ICU waiting room with all kinds of food. I was nearly in tears. They pushed tables together and not only shared their thanksgiving meal with my family, but also with all the other families there in the ICU.

That is an extreme act of generosity and Christian love. That helped me see what a blessing those around me can be. What a blessing friends and family can be.

Give someone a hug today, or even just a high-five, and tell them you appreciate them being in your life. Trust me, they will appreciate that you did it.

Christmas Markets open tomorrow, look for pictures soon!

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. ~Epicurus

2 comments:

  1. That was one of my favorite Thanksgivings too. Love you and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo keep telling stories of love. That almost made me cry to think about it... and they inspire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete