November 4, 2010

Family Retreat

This weekend I am going on the annual family retreat. Not sure what exactly to expect and I am a little worried about the language. I wasn't going to go (who wants to pay for a family retreat when your a single and you can't understand it anyways!), however after some peer pressure from Karen, Sven, and Alex I gave in.

I met with a new reader today. He is a young guy who wants to go to university in the states and study medicine. He is hoping to get a soccer scholarship, but knows he needs to improve his english. His mom used to be the secretary for a missionary in another small village years ago, and so she called the missionary (knowing he was american and still had contacts here) to try and get some english practice! How perfect is that? The meeting went well today, I am looking forward to getting to know him. He wasn't opposed to using the Bible as out text at all (its usually a 50/50 toss up!) which was great!

So with the holidays rapidly approaching I was in the mood for some pumpkin bread. I decided I would go buy a pumpkin on Monday after LST at Karens school, however when I ventured over to the store which held an abundance of pumpkins for the past 3 weeks, there wasn't a pumpkin in site! Sad I know! So I re-directed my holiday baking to fudge! I needed to make something for the retreat this weekend and saw the forecast was rainy for the rest of the week, so I tried tuesday night after bible class. Epic fail. Not only did I have to go to the store 2-3 times, it just didn't work. Pam said she has tried a lot of recipes and never been successful in making fudge. They have been here nearly 20 years. There must be a way! Thats our new feat- to find a fudge recipe that works here. There must be a way!!!

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

If you can't get rid of the skeleton, you might as well make it dance. ~George Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment