May 3, 2010

Oh the Daily Life

Sometimes its hard being here. Sometimes. My brother is about to graduate from college, my nephew is marching in a big parade next weekend, my niece just turned 1. There is so much going on that I feel like I'm missing. At the same time however, there is so much that I am able to experience here. Tonight was our monthly English Movie Night. We watched The Pursuit of Happyness. Great film which of course led to a great discussion. We had a nice size group this time, we had 8/9 (Karen came in for the last 20 minutes and the discussion). We were able to have a great talk about what happiness is, how we reach, and what our obligations are to others.

Tomorrow we are going to hand out LST materials downtown. Going to be a fun day! I have readers in the afternoon and then working at the church building with Jan.

You know, I was making banana pudding this morning for movie night, and I was really worried about it as it was cooking. The instructions said to keep stirring for 20 minutes, and it had been 17 and the liquid was not getting any thicker. However by minute 18, it started to thicken and was just right on the 20 minute mark. Crazy! In life, we put everything together, and God has the recipe. I dont know about ya'll but after a while, I start to wonder if its the right combination, and then sure enough! Tada! God's a great Ta-Da'er!

Just my thoughts... Be good and do good!

Sarah B

To me, there are three things we all should do every day. We should do this every day of our lives. Number one is laugh. You should laugh every day. Number two is think. You should spend some time in thought. And number three is, you should have your emotions moved to tears, could be happiness or joy. But think about it. If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special. ~ Jim Valvano

No comments:

Post a Comment