March 28, 2010

Seniorenessen






This week held many adventures!

On tuesday nights bible class (which is in all german mind you) I was able to follow along with most of the lesson! It wasn't perfect, but I was able to piece together enough I think! I am already rather ADD, so sitting still for an hour is hard for me, but add a language that I cant really understand on top of that and things get interesting!!!

I had an interesting reading with Silke this past week, she is the one that could be my mom. We talked about if God takes care of the birds, surely he will take care of us so dont worry. I was curious how this lesson would go, seeing as I am much younger, and light heartedness tends to bless the young, I was interested to see if she found this foolish and imprudent or intriguing. The first was more correct, she found that for some this worked, but the idea for all was not possible, that we must worry about the little things because the little things effect the big things in life. It was an interesting discussion!

German class was really slow this week. This is my last class, Tiffanys also, it has just become to expensive and time consuming at this point. We will both continue to learn, but not in a classroom setting.

Wednesday was team meeting and I met with Conny for our reading. That was a little stressful. She is about at the point I am at in German, where I can read things just fine, but I don't have a clue what they mean... which means she is able to read the text, but not comprehend it. So I think im going to get a german Bible this week and we will read the story out of the german bible and the english bible and then discuss in english.

Thursday night we had our first grill of the season, and afterwards we went to the Rhodes and watched Napoleon Dynamite. Roy made some comment about loving technology during our team meeting wednesday and of course that instantly took me back to the movie and Kip's song at the wedding, so we all watched it the next night!

Friday I went to Dresden with Ceili, we hung out downtown for a little bit and watched the mormons stand in the square and yell the message at unsuspecting pedestrians. After that, Ceili hopped a train back to Chemnitz to spend the evening with her family, and I hopped a tram to go to the Dresden church. They are doing a monthly english discussion group using the Nooma videos. It was a great discussion group about why we do what we do and why we care what others think.

Saturday was Seniorenessen! It went really well, we had a great turn out! Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!

Have a wonderful week! Be good and do good!

Sarah B

Your love is peace to the broken, faith for the widow, hope for the orphan, strength for the weak. Your love is the anthem of nations, rings out through the ages. And your always enough for me. ~ Casting Crowns

2 comments: