January 29, 2011

Alive Again

This week the entire Ami Ecke (American Corner) was sick! It was pathetic actually lol. But alas we are all alive again. A week of rest was good for us all, and I got some reading done! I was able to finish Max Lucado's new book Out Live Your Life- it was good! I enjoyed some chapters more than others, but over all it was a good book!

I also got a run of 20 perfect suduko's on my touch- thats an accomplishment! And finished Jodi Picoti or however you spell it, The Pact. That was alright, not one of my favorite books, I like My Sisters Keeper Better. I just started a new one today, Now And Not Yet. I am thinking about doing a study with one of the young adults here next with that one. Only on chapter 2 thus far, but seems interesting. Its about being content where we are when we aren't where we thought we would be in life. We'll see!

I finally finished my resume and cover letter- I gave it to a few people to review before I send it in next week. I'm not really sure what to do as far as address, should I put my address here or where it will be when I get back? Do I put that i'm not in the country yet or just leave that out and mention it if they inquire? What is protocol? I don't have a clue!!!!

I am planning a trip to Hamburg in a few weeks. Last year I went to Munich and loved it! I love traveling! I have booked a hostel for 2 nights in Hamburg and I will get in late afternoon on Tuesday. Then Thursday night I have a hostel booked in Lubeck which is about 45 minutes away and is supposed to be a medieval city. Ive heard lots of neat things about each city, im excited to go explore! I found really cheap tickets for 30 euro there and back, how do you pass that up?

Its exciting getting ready to go though, a lot of my readers have been so its neat asking people what to see and where to go! I'm excited!

Thats all the news I have on this end! Just meeting with readers and trying to get things lined up on this end.

In the next few weeks I will be making calls to the volunteer places I was given a few months ago at the volunteer office. Since we are going to have a lot of visitors this summer, the Sullivans thought it would be a good idea if they had some free time to do some volunteer work in town somewhere so I am going to scope out each place and see what each one is and how many people can go and help and what not! So thats what this next week will be full of, getting those appointments set up for this week and next!

P.S. I was listening to country music today and it just feels like a normal day in OK with the sun and music and what not and it made me miss my dog Lady. Lady is an old white bird dog and she loves to walk up right. When I was younger (and occasionally still...) I would put on country music and we would walk around the room. Snickers isn't quite tall enough for that.... that is all.

Thats all folks! Be good and do good!

Sarah B

This time ya'll get some of my favorite one liners from Out Live Your Life:

Poverty is not the lack of charity, but the lack of justice.
Save one life. Save the world!
God outfits his followers to cross cultures and touch hearts.
Courage comes as we live with Jesus.
I am not his body; you are not his body. We-together-are his body.
Your hospitality can be their hospital.
There is something fundamentally good about taking time to see a person. (AMEN)
First, kind eyes meet desperate ones. Next, strong hands help weak ones. Then, the miracle of God. We do our small part, he does the big part!
Scripture endorses not forced communism, but Spirit-led volunteerism among God's people.
We think we're shaking up the world when actually we're just along for the ride.
Stay strong. Call him brother.
He is still listening. Are we still praying?
That's Jesus playing that fiddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment