June 11, 2010

Praying

Last year for my birthday, my good friend and roommate gave me a book, Praying through the Bible. I was excited to start it... but alas like so many other books it sat on my shelf. When packing to come over, I told myself I would start it, so I brought it! I started it for a few days and then.... off it went!

Recently I have started To Busy Not to Pray but in the first three chapters I was surprised at how little it was actually suggesting prayer. I believe the prayer comes in chapter 4, so no worries, but still. Anyways, I remembered that I had this book setting neatly next to my bed and asked if she would be interested and she was! So for the past week, everyday, I have been typing up the day devotional and prayer and emailing it to her.

I just have to say, prayer is a vital and invigorating part of the Christian life! Its always been hard for me to "sit and pray", I am a think about it and pray about it kind of person, it happens spontaneously and it has been interesting getting into a new format of prayer. Good, dont get me wrong, I dont think once can pray to much!

If you havent prayed today, go ahead and stop reading and pray now :)

Be good and do good!

Sarah B

It is not enough to begin to pray, nor to pray aright; nor is it enough to continue for a time to pray; but we must patiently, believingly, continue in prayer until we obtain an answer. ~George Muller

No comments:

Post a Comment