July 27, 2009

Take My Breath Away

Oh! Why should the spirit of mortal be proud? Like a swift-fleeting meteor, a fast flying cloud, a flash of the lighting, a break of the waves. A man passes from life to his rest in the graves. ~William Knox from Morality Lincoln's favorite hymn. 

Pride. 
Oh Pride. 
Fund raising has defiantly taken a hit on my pride.  And that is exactly what it is, my pride. God will and does provide, it is just a matter of me being humble and asking. Who am I to stand in Gods way? Who am I not to be His instrument? Oh pride. Pride. 

I am going to take a leap and buy my ticket, i have approximately $1,400 thus far and a ticket is around $1,300. In August I will get around $12,000 from the church which will help provide for the first few months, but funds will still have to continue to come in since that will only provide for about 9-10 months. 

Anyways, so goes life. Another peanut butter sandwich in a brown paper bag. 

"An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory." ~Unknown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment